Aspen Commission Professional Code of Ethics ©
The Academy recognizes the responsibility of political
science professionals to foster high ethical standards in our profession. THE ACPS ™ does hereby adopt the
following CODE OF ETHICS and PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS to provide direction in attaining high principles of truth,
justice, zeal and good faith dealings.
1. To abide by the laws of the United States of America* or State or Provincial
Regulator or * your Sovereign Country. To maintain high standards of conduct when seeking employment, performing
services, and negotiating transactions so as to create a high ethical standard to the public.
2. To illustrate zeal and professionalism with all of our dealings with media,
clients and customers.
3. To continue building the knowledge base of our professional community through
study, collaboration, and continuing education.
4. To work with universities and academic groups in improving political
science standards, and the practical education of individuals.
5. To augment confidence and the trust of the public and our employers using
diligence, honesty, cooperation, and confidentiality.
6. To provide occasional pro-bono assistance to the disadvantaged persons who may
seek insight and advise in the public policy and political fields.
7. To observe the designation trademarks, service marks, intellectual property
rights of the ACPS.
8. To protect and respect the intellectual property of the ACPS and to report
any misuse of property.
9. To further the harmony and communication between the nations of the
10. To reduce waste, improve efficiency, and protect the environment through the
effective use of natural resources. ©
*These ethics and terms are binding as part of use of any membership or
certification designation from the Commission